Forums

Gamer Girls Unite :: Forums :: Gamer Girls Unite Forum :: Anything you want to share

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
Girl gamers are wonderful so stop hiding.
Moderators: Wencke, News Reporter
Author Post
Str8Ac3
Mon Feb 22 2010, 05:02pm
Registered Member #179
I am writting a blog on 1up.com soon and its about females and how they hide like world of warcraft they play a male character alot on xbox live they do not speak. I understand there are stalkers and sterotypes, but there are alot of guys out there that would just love to meet a female gamer because of the same interest. I personally is single because of it and going to stay single until I find that special girl that share the feeling that I have. I do not want to step on any toes. I just want to know what would it take for girl gamers to come out just a lil bit more then the norm. To many gamer girl character and personality is alot better more fun to be around and its not the same old movie and dinner thing basically game chick minds are more open then being inside the box and I love that. How I know cause I have two friends that actually date girls that compete in game battles. So let me know whats up before I write this blog
Str8Ac3
Tue Feb 23 2010, 06:10pm
Registered Member #179
I would really appreciate if you all commented. please and be honest. Thank you.
Wencke
Tue Feb 23 2010, 08:04pm

Registered Member #1
I just want to know what would it take for girl gamers to come out just a lil bit more then the norm. Is that the topic of your blog? With each human being, some are shy, and can protect themselves behind a male virtual character, and some are proud of what they do and show it off as a female character AND there are loads of us who simply want to game and don't want to be bothered or herrassed with stupid comments. I for example would never go on Xbox Live again with my cam or mic on as I've seen and heard to many things which influenced the level of fun I had before I met a bunch of idiots. So maybe it is wiser to write a blog on how idiots disturb the fun of others ;)
Cobrachick
Wed May 12 2010, 03:50pm
Registered Member #201
I don't hide!! In most of the MMO's I've played there is this useful tool I use called Ignore/Mute. Being a older woman with 4 sons I don't tolerate idiots. :)

It's unfortunate that most woman are reluctant to reveal their true identity in-game, but I could understand why. Some guys ruin it for all. When I started playing MMO's I was shocked at how disrespectful a mojority of the guys were! But instead of hiding I use those options and then really got them back by kicking their butts in-game LOL. How insulting for those guys to have a girl be better! After a good butt kicking most were friendlier :) Others continued on their rant of immaturity.

[ Edited Wed May 12 2010, 03:51pm ]

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF