Forums

Gamer Girls Unite :: Forums :: Gamer Girls Unite Forum :: Anything you want to share

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
Making a game!
Moderators: Wencke, News Reporter
Author Post
Limonite
Thu Nov 03 2011, 02:08pm

Registered Member #22
Hi people! :D

My friend and I are making a game for our final bachelor assigment. It's an adventure/point and click game, depends on how much our programmer can do. Our goal is to make a game that appeal mostly to female casual gamers.

The game is about Rosemary, she's a sweet and relaxed girl living a professional journalism life. Although being a smart young adult, she's only living up to her family and friends expectations. She's almost never taking her own decisions and let other people control her when she's around.

In the game she's in court, as a witness and potential suspect. There's been a series of random murders, but all the victims in general are criminals with a record.

The story happens in Rosemary's mind, how she's experiencing the courtroom. She'll suddeny be alone in a room and what happens in court will progress the story and affect what kind of puzzles and riddles will appear.

All in all it's a sort of "escape the room" game, from one room to the other, until the end.

So...!
What can we do to make this game more appealing to girls/women?
Would you want her to be a victim or actually the murderer?
What sort of things and elements would make the game more exciting?
What kind of mini-games and puzzles do you expect?
What kind of theme would you want for this game?

If things are going according to plan, a small demo will be availabe during this winter-holiday! All suggestions, ideas and thoughts are most valued and welcome!

Please spread the word, we want to make the game best suitable for you!

Thank you in advance!
:D

[ Edited Thu Nov 03 2011, 02:11pm ]
Wencke
Sun Nov 06 2011, 09:21pm

Registered Member #1
Loving unexpected twists in a story, no matter if Rosemary turns out to me a suspect or victim. Further on I do not like mini-games, rather solve a big issue by collecting than solve mini-games. while reading your post, i get the impression that this is a kind of courtgame with puzzles.
Limonite
Thu Nov 17 2011, 01:52pm

Registered Member #22
Thank you Wencke for replying!

Yes, it'll mainly be puzzle based, more like each room is a puzzle itself, to progress you have to solve puzzles, riddles and an occasional mini-game. Think escape the room games!

Anything specific that could fit in you think?
Wencke
Sun Nov 20 2011, 01:39pm

Registered Member #1
I was just thinking, what if the room itself is a puzzle. For example, you step into a room, but it is all mixed up, the bottom is on the right, the roof is on the bottom, etc. The player needs to step onto one part of the room to move it to another space. Kind of a shuffle puzzle.

What I also like or actually don't like is that a story can go several ways, depending on answers that you give (like in fable). I like it as you can play the game in different story modes, but I don't like to make choices (emotional participation in a game).

Variety in types of puzzles is essential so that a game won't get boring. I like point and click games, but not for too long. Say one or two rooms to check out to find certain clues or items is ok, but not the whole game. Further on I am a fan of jigjaw, sudoko and other puzzle games. When it comes to technical games or assembling items which where scattered all over the game instead of one room, I loose my patience.

Hope this helps ;)
Limonite
Wed Dec 21 2011, 12:59am

Registered Member #22
You are a being a great help for us! :D

Ugh, we agree on the "click around like a maniac to find something" is annoying! We'll keep the difficulty level in general on medium at first, though there will be no difficulty setting at first.

Thank you for your time!
Sadly we didn't manage to put together a demo, but soon I hope! :D

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF